View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #28
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Just saying that sometimes it's a good thing to have that second person available to help. Assuming, of course, that help is worth having... She obviously needs help with the child. Not all single mothers are capable of handling all children.
Not all two parent household are capable of handing all children either. So what?

I never wrote two parent households were worse than one parent households. I was just pointing out that just because there is only one parent does not mean they can't raise a responsible child. As far as I’m concern, you could have any one or any combination of sets of parent raise a responsible child as long as they love the child and put the child’s needs above his/her or their needs. Before you pick on that, by needs I don’t mean everything the child wants. I mean everything the child needs to prepare them for being an adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
However, why does NBC have to bring up the columbine massacre 15 years ago? To make the district look bad? the police? children in general?
Isn't that a fact. Why should a news agency purposely leave out part of the news?

I also don't see how that makes the police look bad in this case. If anything it made me give them more of the benefit of the doubt. Being in the same school district as Columbine told me that they have received training in how to deal with this type of situation, so instead of saying OMG the spayed a 8 year old. I was pretty sure their training covered situations like this and they made the best decision on how to protect other students, themselves and the 8 year-old.

Last edited by mimartin; 04-10-2011 at 01:05 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,