View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #12
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
We never went to the moon. we have been to space certainly. but we haven't been anywhere.
Have you ever talked to one of the people you are calling a liar? I have and you wouldn't call him a liar to his face, trust me. I certainly trust him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
Hadn't been following this closely, but that explains that angry interview the TX based reporter had w/BO.
Yeah.

Quote:
While DC, New York and Kennedy make sense, I agree that Houston should have gotten one too.
Even the California one makes sense due in large part to Ames Research Center in California and the Obiter has landed many times at Edwards Air Force Base. New York makes the least sense to me, however other than the Johnson Space Center what does Houston have to make anyone want to come here over L.A. or New York?
Quote:
As to NASA.....seems like it's regarded as an afterthought by the pols in DC. Commercialization of space is inevitable and probably necessary.
I don’t just see it as the politicians have lost interest. Americans don’t seem overly interested in it either. Need North Korea or Iran to get interested in space; competition is about the only thing that motivates Americans.
Quote:
BO and attendance issue....not a concern. Hopefully last shuttle missions will be largely free of problems.
Next to last mission. The flight scheduled for June will be the last. He was already to be in Florida, so I guess going to the launch made sense logistically and considering Mark Kelly is commanding the mission (for those that don’t know Mark Kelly is married to Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords).

Moderator note [04-20-2011 09:35 PM]

Merged Double Post - Last warning if I have to do it again you will be banned.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,