View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #25
Darth333
Administraterror

Seeing this makes me feel old... and, as part of humanity (in case there were any doubts, here is the confirmation) it also makes me feel so small: these shuttles and the people aboard them, despite the great feat for humanity, we're still like little ants walking around in the Universe.

Quote:
I remember both disasters. The Challenger disaster I watched in disbelief with a bunch of friends on a TV in a junior college waiting area between classes.
I remember that too...I was in what I believe to be the US gr.7 and it was on everyone's lips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
We never went to the moon. we have been to space certainly. but we haven't been anywhere.

/thread.
This is a joke, right? This post is so...uh... remotely early 1970-ish. It looks like the rumours that were going on in the middle of the jungle when it happened (my parents still have the articles that were published in a local amazonian paper along with articles from elsewhere as both of them were very interested in the topic - the first Halloween costume they bought me was that of an astronaut lol: it was probably the only one in the Peruvian jungle at that time )
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,