Originally Posted by Sabretooth
Do you have a list of stuff you find ludicrous in Star Wars? If so, how do the following rank? :
- a force field that can be manipulated by individuals into generating lightning, moving objects telekinetically, choking people and sensing distant phenomenon.
- Laser weapons that seem to shoot projectiles slower than ballistic weapons.
- A laser sword that can deflect other laser shots.
- A space station designed in such a way that a guided torpedo can blow it entirely to bits.
- Droids that move with the flexibility of a mannequin, used by civilizations that have mastered hyperspace travel, holograms, perfect prosthetics and other scientific feats.
tl;dr Star Wars is ludicrous.
The Force isn't a force field, it's an energy field. They're different.
Blasters aren't laser weapons, they're blaster weapons.
A lightsaber isn't a laser weapon either, and neither are blasters.
You'll find that if you put a high-powered explosive into the perfect place on most things, it'll destroy it.
And C-3PO didn't need very much flexibility, he's built for protocol and diplomacy, not combat. Notice that Battle Droids are shown to be significantly less inflexible. C-3PO is designed to be nonthreatening.