View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #96
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
@ mstr kenobi: Actually, you'll notice that most of the people who talk directly to Wookiees are Jedi. Also, Han has been around Chewie for a long time so he gets what he's saying since he understands the language. Same with Lando as well since the three were friends for a long time before the movies.

Other times, like with Leia, she gives Chewie orders and he acknowledges but she never really has a conversation with him since she's not as adept with the Force to communicate as well with Chewie as Yoda, Obi-wan and Luke seem to, or have the experience with his language to understand him as Han does.

Also, as I said before, Wookiees are technologically advanced and have created their own technology. Their form of communication is definitely more than just simple verbal communication. In all likelihood, it's a language that consists of great subtlety and other factors of non-verbal communication that come into play as well.
I don't quite like it the "force translation" power, but i can live with it (it already explains almost every other thing that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense).
I can see Yoda able to communicate as well, he has good relations with the Wookies .

Not sure if i buy the non-verbal part, Chewbacca communicates just fine without relying on pointing and signs, and if he uses things likes scents to communicate to other Wookies that wouldn't be a easy thing for humans to detect (perhaps if you have force translate it becomes easier ).
Most communication he does in the movies is through verbal means.
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,