View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #6759
TiE23
Get bent!

Current Game: Shogun 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_hill987 View Post
I still anticipate the only PC exclusive features will be "Mouse Support" and "Selectable Resolution".
DX11 support, DX10 is REQUIRED. 64 players versus the console's 24. Certain to be stellar graphics on a level much above the 360 or PS3. I'm updating my computer around the idea that it's either PC or bust, even though I fully enjoy BFBC2 on my 360.

Additionally they haven't shown any console footage, it's all been PC.

Trust me, from what they've said, what they've shown, and from what I expect, this is a PC game with console ports. You know, for BFBC2 they took the stance of "PC, 360, and PS3 are all on equal grounds, we put the same amount of care into each one." That resulted in some bleh UI choices, if anything. This time they're coming out and saying that they hold the PC above the consoles. Which makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Unusual for a contemporary big-budget shooter, Battlefield 3's lead platform is the PC rather than a console. The reason being that the Battlefield series started on PC and DICE is staying true to its biggest target user community. Battlefield 3 will use a new Frostbite engine built from scratch. Known as Frostbite 2, it will deliver more advanced destruction, sound, and graphics than previous versions.
PC Gaming lives on!

Tie's Kindle Reading Project
"Making myself a more learned person and then bragging about it."
Since October 2010 - I'm a slow reader
-----------
27 Books Completed
('10: 4, '11: 9, '12: 7, '13: 6)
Fiction: 12 | Fantasy/Sci-Fi 5; Classics 3; Literature 4
Non-fiction: 15 | Investigative 2; History/Politics 3; Science 3; Biography 7
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)