View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #21
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Class Hero
I'd say it has much less to do with the military than the Pakistani officials who had the balls to tell them where Bin Laden was hiding.
And just why was Osama Bin Laden hiding in Pakistani for the Pakistani official to tell the US where he was hiding? Could it have something to do with those soldiers in Afghanistan putting Bin Laden on the run, forcing him to find a different hiding place that was not as secret?
It's nice that there some w/in the Pakistani govt that are cooperating with us, but w/o the military operation OBL would still be alive, wch. Mim is quite right, but if you wish to extend some credit to the Pakistani's, that's not unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wch
Is anybody else finding it disturbing that intelligence regarding this operation appears to have been confined to the military and Obama?
Not remotely. It WAS a covert op, which means by its very nature it's SECRET. But given the importance of the news, it isn't something that would have remained so for very long.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman

Last edited by mimartin; 05-02-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,