View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #31
MDX
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogen
The Kuat of Kuat thing was just a thing, but seriously, it wasn't just his surname, it was his -NAME- name.
Romulus was also a name. But even if we speak about modern age, is it impossible to meet some Jackie Jackson in the US, Ivan Ivanov in Russia, Álvaro Alvares in México etc.? It happens quite often. Some people of such surnames like to call their children so (though personally I don't think it's too good). But nothing rare, I repeat.
Quote:
That wasn't really what annoyed me the most about the book, but the whole thing was just this endless series of fapping to Fett. He's really not that interesting of a character, especially when the person stated to be Fett's greatest rival is Bossk, who is a COMPLETE MORON. Seriously, that's lazy writing right there, making your hero look like a badass by making his nearest competitor a total idiot. A GUY DRILLS A HOLE THROUGH THE WALL TO USE IT AS A LISTENING DEVICE. IN A WORD, WHAT.
I would not consider the storyline concerning Fett's rivalry with Bossk a principal one. If it was so, the story would be a standard second-rate criminal story popular in the late 80s and 90s transferred into a sci-fi world. While the book is written in the style of political detective. The main storyline concerns incessant intrigues in Imperial policy, involving and devouring more and more people each time, and how to survive, if the one is already involved. It is incomparably more interesting, if looking from this point of view.
Quote:
That's a gross overstatement of the facts. But good job doing your best to demonize the people who disagree with you.
Where have I demonized anybody? I just expressed my regret for unfair criticizing a good game.
Quote:
Grim and dark is an improvement, only a shift, and Star Wars isn't a genre, it's a setting.
Star Wars - yes, but Star Wars sci-fi is a genre, or, more exactly, a subgenre of science fiction in general (again, if you need - I can explain why).
Quote:
But my problems with KotoR II are not only that it's bleak. My other problems are that it's a mediocre plot with stupid characters. Not a single original character in KotoR II is the slightest bit likeable. Sure, they might be interesting, but Charles Manson was a very -interesting- person, I still have no desire to associate with him.
Well, if it's so - indicate, where their mediocrity and stupidity manifest themselves. It's one of the easiest things in the world to call something mediocre and stupid without specification.
Quote:
And the design on the villains was so damn -lazy-. Okay, Malak was admittedly not that awesome of a villain, but at least he wasn't 'Lord Pain', 'Guy Who Eats Everything'
And again, you're not explaining, why he is better than them, only expressing your personal attitide, while we are trying to substantiate our opinions. Or am I mistaking?
Quote:
and 'Your Totally Not Evil Mentor Who Is Actually Evil'.
Well, if you prefer it - your choice, but I don't like railroad-straight stories. Besides, it is incorrect to apply to Kreia terms like "good" or "evil". She's absolutely hermetic, unwilling to say even something about her motivations. That's why she cannot be called good. But she's not evil as well. If you don't agree - show me at least one evil act she commits.
Quote:
But the thing that always annoys me most about TSL.

THEY NEVER STOP FAPPING TO REVAN.
Who and in which way?
MDX is offline   you may: quote & reply,