View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #149
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian Knight View Post
And as far as political motivations go, this isn't something that *could* be faked, much less actually pulled off. There are too many parties involved, each of the stories would have to match perfectly. Moreover, something on this scale couldn't just be called a little white lie. Even if you could fake an operation of this size, the dangers far outweigh the benefits.
To the conspiritorially minded, nothing is impossible. The problem is, though, *pics, or it didn't happen*. If someone believes in the 911 truther stuff, how beyond the pale would this seem. I think enough people have become increasingly disillusioned with lying pols that they want some kind of proof beyond assurances and press releases. As has been pointed out, though, they might not accept such pics as definitive proof anyway. That Eagle won't land either....at least in their eyes.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,