View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #92
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Current Game: Replaying Gears Of War trilogy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Seriously.

What's wrong? Why can't he just be the Chosen One, created by the will of the Force, as the saga points out?
Because the prophecy of the chosen one says that the would be balance in the force, there was never balance in the force. so the prophecy of the chosen one has as much validity as the idea that the world was supposed to come to an end last month. Just because it was called a prophecy, doesn't mean it was going to happen. George Lucas says Anakin was the chosen one, because he made it and he can say that. But IN MY OPINION there never was balance within the force. The dark side will always seduce a weak force user, and through emotions, make them powerful, if undisciplined. As long as the dark side exists, there cannot be balance, and the dark side will exist as long as sentient being exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post

Again, just because you believe in that, it doesn't make it a fact.
No it doesn't. I never claimed that it was. It is my opinion, and until LucasArts approves a canon book or comic that states that it is fact, it will always be an opinion/belief/idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post

Evidence, please? If that was the plan, they sure did a piss-poor job of it seeing as Palpatine didn't know anything about Anakin until TPM. Besides, what would the point of such an "experiment" be? If there's a Force-sensitive guy living a normal life, then (unless someone who is trained finds them) 99% odds say he lives and dies without ever knowing why he was luckier than most. Who gives a ****?
There is no evidence. It is an idea. There doesn't always have to be a master plan in everything. The possibility that Anakin was an experiment was just a hokum idea that i threw out there. It is not canon, and not sanctioned by anyone. It was a simple idea that Plagueis created Anakin, just to play around. It is neither here, nor there, and has no bearing in the Star Wars universe what-so-ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post

Less wishful thinking, more evidence, please.
The more preposterous aspects of the expanded universe say that Palpatine had clones of his body, since he could not make his body immortal, he would move his essence from one dying body, through the force, and put it in one of his "blank" bodies, and therefore stay alive. There is no evidence to say that plagueis could not do this as well. No evidence to prove that he could, but again, IN MY OPINION, it is a possiblilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klw View Post

But he said that Plagueis did create someone?
No one did, he had the potential to do so, Palpatine said that plagueis could manipulate the midi-chlorians themselves. Thats it. there is no evidence to say that he created anyone, but he could have. Again,it is just an opinion, and something that is fun to think about. NOT FACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klw View Post

There's a big difference between a prophet and a messiah. If all he did was prepare the way for someone greater than him, then his supposed "power" means that much less.

If he was selected by the Force to create Anakin, that also means that he really didn't choose to do it himself, even if he thinks he did. You can only be called powerful if you have the freedom to wield your abilities, and if Plagueis was just a conduit for the force instead of being able to control the force with his own free will, he really isn't that powerful.
So Qui-Gon believed that it was the will of the force for them to find Anakin, because it was the will of the force make it any less significant? Just because Darth Plagueis was destined to do so, that doesn't make his "possible" accomplishment any less significant. Fate/destiny doesn't mean you were told to do something and you did it, it means that a course of events was set up beyond your knowledge of the universe.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Last edited by SmootheOperator; 06-04-2011 at 09:03 PM.
SmootheOperator is offline   you may: quote & reply,