View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
Bullobrien
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Calculus View Post
Bull,

That's a great help. I also found that most model changes (armor, clothing, weapon, masks) make the game crash. The only models I've been successfully able to integrate are lightsaber models from Jorn's KotOR lightsaber pack. Those work great without even using the patcher, but just moving the files (I started with a clean Override and didn't have any conflicting .2da files).

So after you moved the KOTOR Data folder out of the package and ran the TSL patcher mods and model mods, did the models that caused a crash before work alright? It wasn't perfectly clear from your post.

Also, when I try moving the above-mentioned folder out of the package, it begins a lengthy process of copying it instead of moving it (it doesn't happen in the reverse direction). How did you get around that?

And finally, I use CrossOver to install TSL patcher mods, and it can find the KOTOR Data folder even inside the package and install things into the Override (but not elsewhere since the other folders require authentication). Do you think the result is the same when I just run the installers and navigate to the package folder, or should I move it first and then run the patcher just to be sure?

Thanks
After I started using the TSL patcher the model files no longer crashed the game. Oddly enough it even seems like after that moving model files in manually started working. I actually think this may be that some of the model files "file type" may have not been recognized until this event.

I saw that copy folder thing happen once or twice. I think it might be where you are trying to copy it too. I found that sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It may depend on the folder permissions for the folder you are trying to copy to. I also moved the whole application out of the applications folder so that might have helped.

As for your last point. I have not been able to do it that way so I can not say it for sure. That may cause authentication problems. You might try it both ways and see.
Bullobrien is offline   you may: quote & reply,