View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #8
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
1) Never trust a site that can't even get the NAME right.
Terry Holdbrooks was the guard.
I guess that explains why I couldn't find any other sources, only various Muslim organization sites linking to the same article. I was searching with the guy's name.

Quote:
2) nobody gets "fired" from the military without serious due process. He got an honorable discharge for a "General Personality Disorder." In order for that to happen a base psychiatrist has to get involved. It's not something that can be just thrown out there.
Since the word 'fired' has negative connotations, I assumed he had at least gotten an OTH. The article's author calling an honorable discharge 'getting fired' is at best ignorant, at not-so-good an attempt to rewrite history to promote a book, and at worst an attempt to inflame anger where none is needed.

Quote:
3) There are quite a few Muslim soldiers in our armed forces. Some of them are actually serving at Gitmo.
And the vast majority of them are smart enough to realize that we aren't the ones fighting a religious war, and do their jobs well.

Quote:
4) Muslim terrorists are the one fighting a religious war. WE are not. If we were it would actually be a lot simpler, with less worries about offending the perpetually offended Muslims.
So true. A war against Islam itself would be easier, cheaper (many weapons we use have cheaper and more effective alternatives that we don't use because we want to avoid civilian casualties), and far less complicated. The US isn't at war with Islam, nor is it evil. If we were (at war with Islam OR evil), we'd have won by now. However, we'd also be evil, which would suck.

Quote:
Ugh... and reading up on him... He's a 9/11 truther too... Born from drug addict parents, raised by hippies, yeah... Okay... I'm starting to see why the military gave him a GPD Discharge...
Why would anyone who thinks the government orchestrated 9/11 join the military? I can't comprehend the thought process that would lead to such a decision.

Anyway, I'm not really a huge fan of religion (I'm cool with others having it as long as they don't try to force me into it), but maybe getting religion will provide him with the guidance he needs to sort his life out.
Maybe.

Hit And Run Poster Extraordinaire
--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,