View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysyacha View Post
I am a Janey-come-lately to CRPG's, having only now downloaded BG1. I've never played it. Heck, I even played KOTOR 2 before KOTOR 1, and never finished DA:O because I kept screwing up and dying in this one part. By then it was too late to respec my char. I think I'll like BG nonetheless.
I think you will, too, but instead of downloading it you should have just gone ahead and bought this. It has both games and their expansions on one DVD, and it's not expensive at all. That way you can go ahead and use the Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod, which combines both games and their expansions into one big game. It ends up being literally 100s of hours of gameplay that I think you will love. These games are huge, and, compared to modern cRPGs, hard as hell.

Before you do that, though, mess around with BG1 a bit and see if you like the gameplay at all. Keep in mind that BG2 is far better than the original. If the version you downloaded came with Tales of the Sword Coast, you can use the widescreen mod to run it at any resolution you wish. I recommend 1280x800 for a 16:10 monitor or 1280x720 for 16:9. It has to have the expansion installed or it won't work.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,