View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #57
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
Granted, I wasn't really a Dungeon Siege fan in the first place, and was definitely turned off by the fact that Obsidian had their franchise-killing hands on it this round.. IGN's review was pretty much the nail in the coffin for me.
Eurogamer has a different opinion, though. Not the best of games, but not a bad one, either, according to this reviewer and it gets an 8, where IGN gave 6.5:

Quote:
But don't think this means that Dungeon Siege III is a brain-dead game. It's just an adaptive one. Because your character has up to 11 abilities, as well as charged versions of each of those, and each is best used in a slightly different scenario, trying to play Dungeon Siege III perfectly is a totally absorbing dance of glossy particle effects, small victories and even smaller failures.
Not a game worth the full retail price, me thinks, but I may buy it eventually to see how it plays. It's been some time since I played an Obsidian game, I miss them.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Last edited by Miltiades; 06-21-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,