Thread: Pleasant dreams
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
I don't dream often, I remember the dreams even less, and repeated dreams are even more uncommon. Two stand out.

I used to have a nightmare (this was between the ages of 6 and 11) where I got dropped off at swim lessons late, which forced me to run down the long hallway. I slipped on a puddle, and went unconscious. When I woke up, almost all the people were gone (I saw maybe 1 every few hours of running around in a panic), and those that remained were all really old, and couldn't move or talk. There was also some shadowy thing that was vaguely shaped (even when you looked straight at it, it was like something in the corner of your eye), but scared the **** out of me. It wouldn't move if I was watching it, but every time I blinked or looked away for a second, it would be closer. I always woke up, terrified, just before it got me. I assumed what it did was make people disappear, or turn them into the really old, motionless/braindead people. Basically, I dreamed that I was in a post apocalyptic, and even more terrifying, version of the Doctor Who episode "Blink" about 6 times a year for 5 years.

I've had the same nightmare of a 2/18/2007 helicopter crash about 4 times since the event. Twice shortly after the crash, twice 2-3 years afterward. None for over a year now though, so that's good.

Other than those two, most dreams, 'pleasant' and otherwise, have been one-offs.

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,