View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #294
Jackpumpkinhead
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex IDV View Post
Okay, I could play through the demo now without any technical bugs

However, I did find two typos:
  • "Captian's" (The first thing Guybrush says while floating in the bumper car) should be "Captain's".
  • "Cutless" (shown when you hover the mouse over the cutlass) should be "Cutlass".

I also found two problems with the graphics:
  • Murray's sprite looks kinda weird - his eyes look more like plusses (+) than eye sockets. Check out the anti-alias section of this topic on The Spriter's Resource, it'll really help you.
  • The shading on the bumper car makes no sense. It doesn't appear to have any depth at all, but rather a gradient that goes from red to darker red.

Oh, yeah, and the problem with way too much text at once in the opening "cut scene" is still there, but you already knew that. Keep up the good work!

i appreciate your constructive criticism and help
as far as the "to much text at the beginning" goes, i did that because those are the exact words from the game and that is the pace and flow from the original. if there are alot of people that complaint i will probably change it.

i think i can change the sprite for Murray, that shouldnt be a problem at all

but the bumper car sprite i would need some assistance on, i am not exactly sure how to go about doing it. i really need some help as far as the art goes anyway, if you are interested i would love to add you on as an artist on this project. i just feel so spread thin with this project and i really could use all of the help i can get.

EDIT:
Nevermind on the bumper car sprite, i think i understand what you mean
but i would still love to have some help on anything you can help with

Last edited by Jackpumpkinhead; 07-20-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Jackpumpkinhead is offline   you may: quote & reply,