Thread: Trip to England
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Quote:
Originally Posted by purifier View Post
Okay, you just jogged my memory a little, Astor. Now that I think about it, it was the Godiva festival that I was at. Not sure why I thought it was a County fair, unless somebody at one time tried to make a slight camparison for me. But it was definitely better than any County fair from my experience. And that probably explains were I first heard about or maybe even seen Lady Godiva. Because I could of swore I saw a woman, back then, dressed in a tight spandex suit, flesh colored, riding around on a white horse at that festival. Or maybe that was just my six year old mine hallucinating, from a caffeine high I got from all the tea I drank that day.
Hey! The public nudity of Lady Godgifu is a matter of no small insignificance to the folk of England. We don't take too kindly to that sort of mockery.

Quote:
On a similar note, I'd like to visit Tadcaster as well.
It grieves me to say it, coming from the other side of the Pennines as I do, but the East Midlands and Yorkshire have some of the best beer on tap. Of the breweries that are (probably) large enough to export, but whose beer you may not have tried, Castle Rock springs to mind. Especially their 'Screech Owl' IPA:

I'm no great shakes when it comes to London, although I'm actually going down there myself for a few weeks in September, but if you can you may want to set aside some time to visit the 'provinces', Oxford and Cambridge have already been mentioned, but York and Durham on the east coast and Liverpool on the west are all well worth a visit, and Edinburgh too (you may catch some of the festival there, as well). There should be relatively fast rail links to all of those (though Durham may require a change at York). Then again, I suppose you're unlikely to exhaust London in the space of a month, so exploring other parts of the country may be spreading yourself too thinly.

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.

Last edited by Pavlos; 07-22-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,