We know what we are getting from The Old Republic, but what aren't we getting?
I assume a lot of people playing this game wont have played an MMO before or at least not from Launch, I knew it wasn't a sandbox, and would be something new, but even I was surprised at some of the things not included (Although many of these may well be implemented after launch as they are kinda of secondary importance Launch wise)
I didn't compile this list, I just found it in the massive amount of Threads on the Official site
- Swimming (1)
- Third party addons (2)
- Minigames like Pazaak, Sabac or Holo-chess (3)
- Dual spec (4)
- Day/night cycles
- Non humanoid based playable races
- Multiplayer space content
- 3d space combat
- Choice of space ship chassis
- Decoration mechanic for personal ships (5)
- Pod & Swoop racing
- Player bounties
- Companions in Warzones (Well tbh I like this one)
- Animal based pet classes
- Resources for crafting does not have quality (6)
- Guild leveling system (cf WAR) (7)
- Animal mounts (8)
- Flying mounts (10)
- Large (20vs20 - or more) multiplayer PvP Warzones (9)
- PvP Arenas
- Collision detection between characters
- [new] Macros (16)
- Barber / Image Designer (11)
- Appearance tabs (12)
- Fishing (13)
- [new] Guild "Tabard" (14)
- [new] Multiplayer mounts (15)
- [new] Racial Abilities
What else (not confirmed):
==> Finally in <==
- Gear Dyes?
- Planetary housing?
- Display pets?
- Companions body customization. (Skin color, hair style and more)
- AC to AC respecs
=> Pazaak, Sabac and Holo-chess won't make the launch. Their are pinned on the wall of crazy
=> Item stats will only be based on the schematic. The challenge will be to find the shcematics and then the required components
=> War like guild leveling system is on the wall of crazy. Won't make the launch.
=> Vehicles at launch. Animal mounts sometime in the future.
In short: you're going to wear your equipped gear otherwise he would not say people would refuse players based on their character's look.