07-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by adamqd
We know what we are getting from The Old Republic, but what aren't we getting?
I assume a lot of people playing this game wont have played an MMO before or at least not from Launch, I knew it wasn't a sandbox, and would be something new, but even I was surprised at some of the things not included (Although many of these may well be implemented after launch as they are kinda of secondary importance Launch wise)
I didn't compile this list, I just found it in the massive amount of Threads on the Official site
- Swimming (1)
- Third party addons (2)
- Minigames like Pazaak, Sabac or Holo-chess (3)
- Dual spec (4)
- Day/night cycles
- Non humanoid based playable races
- Multiplayer space content
- 3d space combat
- Choice of space ship chassis
- Decoration mechanic for personal ships (5)
- Pod & Swoop racing
- Player bounties
- Companions in Warzones (Well tbh I like this one)
- Animal based pet classes
- Resources for crafting does not have quality (6)
- Guild leveling system (cf WAR) (7)
- Animal mounts (8)
- Flying mounts (10)
- Large (20vs20 - or more) multiplayer PvP Warzones (9)
- PvP Arenas
- Collision detection between characters
- [new] Macros (16)
- Barber / Image Designer (11)
- Appearance tabs (12)
- Fishing (13)
- [new] Guild "Tabard" (14)
- [new] Multiplayer mounts (15)
- [new] Racial Abilities
What else (not confirmed):
==> Finally in <==
- Gear Dyes?
- Planetary housing?
- Display pets?
- Companions body customization. (Skin color, hair style and more)
- AC to AC respecs
=> Pazaak, Sabac and Holo-chess won't make the launch. Their are pinned on the wall of crazy
=> Item stats will only be based on the schematic. The challenge will be to find the shcematics and then the required components
=> War like guild leveling system is on the wall of crazy. Won't make the launch.
=> Vehicles at launch. Animal mounts sometime in the future.
In short: you're going to wear your equipped gear otherwise he would not say people would refuse players based on their character's look.
Ironically, all or most of these were included in Star Wars Galaxies.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true
──── CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE ────
The Best Damn Republic Guild