View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 02:50 AM   #27
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post
That source does not help your case. 20%? The majority of which are in places like Afghanistan where AQ is more able to operate? That renders the presumptions made about the Norway attacks more, not less, ludicrous.
Not sure we're on the same page in arguments here, Salzella. The argument that I'm generally making here, specifically with MK, is that Muslim terrorists are the worse of the worse in terrorism acts of killing people; and that they shouldn't be given less attention then what they deserve. Where as, he believes they are not such a large threat to the world and we shouldn't waste most of our attention and resources on them, because there are just as many non-muslim terrorist threats to "protect" ourselves against. That is the reason why I provided that specific source, they are the biggest threat to the world right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian Knight View Post
To quote the article: "During this time, al Qa'ida was responsible for less than 1% of all terrorist attacks." It goes on to indicate that AQ caused more casualties than other group, so I understand your point. Any terror attack is dangerous, some more so than others.
Right. That's mainly the point I'm making here. In general, as well as AQ, Muslim terrorists have caused more deaths of human life across the globe versus non-Muslim terrorist. Yet, your saying Muslim terrorist are no more dangerous than non-Muslim terrorist. Sorry, but I have to disagree, the number of deaths they caused in such a short period of time prove otherwise.

Quote:
However, this source covers exclusively attacks by AQ and it's allies, and doesn't go into detail about non-Muslim attacks.
What specific details are you looking for, about non-Muslim attacks? How many people they've killed? Whether they have connections with Muslim extremists? Please clarify.

Quote:
As far as the attention received by Muslim extremists goes, of course they receive more when the media puts their name out first.
Well yes, they do receive the most media attention, but when they're advertising threats and claiming responsbility for terroristic attacks across the globe on the local news media, which they know will reach everybody on national news level worldwide, it doesn't help their case very much does it? They will always be suspect number one, their names will be out there first. Of course that's what the Islamic extremists want, they want there names to be continuously mentioned for all the world to see and hear, so that they can get the most attention. The media just plays along for their own benifit.

Quote:
There are many reasons for AQ's relative success in implementing attacks. Religious dogma only brings in recruits, it doesn't make them more or less dangerous than any other terrorist. Training, funding, and zealotry are a dangerous combination.
Religious dogma alone doesn't kill anybody with words, religious extremist can preach death to all until the sun expoldes as long as they are not carrying out those acts of terroristic murder upon thousands.

Quote:
However, Islam does not have a monopoly on any of those.
Well I've not seen or heard Muslim terrorists have connections with non-muslim terrorists, like the McVeighs and Breiviks of the world or any others for that matter, if that's what your implying here. At least I never seen any evidence of it.

Quote:
I am enjoying this debate, the source material was particularly enlightening. I look forward to your rebuttal.
Well I'm glad it enlighten you in some way, we are always learning something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Well, if we define the hundreds of government officials and civilians that have been systematically murdered by Mexican drug cartels in the past two years as "drug-related violence", then I guess that does that does narrow the playing field to AQ as prime terrorist #1.
Well if the drug cartels start elimnating U.S. law officers on mass scale, then any Muslim terrorist group won't be "prime terrorist #1" as far as the U.S. is concerned. Of course Mexican officals don't won't the U.S. to label the Cartel as terrorists organizations and intervene in their drug war, as they call it, so I wonder what kind of problems between the U.S. and Mexico it will cause.

SITH HAPPENS

Last edited by purifier; 08-01-2011 at 03:12 AM. Reason: spelling, again!
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,