Thread: Lightsabers
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #74
DarthJacen
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
In KOTOR 1 yes, but even the jedi masters claim basically this is not definitively-the-way-it-must-be.

Jaric Kaedan being a master of Juyo is obviously a "knight" type for TOR who would have been typified as a "guardian" role in the KOTOR games. He wields green.

Acording to whom or what...? Although my preferred play style is Guardian >> Jedi Weaponmaster or Sith Marauder, I do not believe any such details were fleshed out beyond simply gender and alignment. That may change in the upcoming novel, Revan, but until then such a claim cannot be accepted at face value.

See above re: KOTOR1 reply to jedi guardians=blue.

Ditto the above. Though sentinel was a class made up by bioware, its role has not been solidly one thing: in the KOTOR games it served as a sort of balanced intermediate between guardian and consular, though I'm sure you'd agree it was lacking in the powers department and was a little too similar to the guardian. In SWTOR it appears to be taking the place of the WeaponsMaster.

This was part of a quid pro quo as a deal for taking the role. As I understood from SW insider, rolling stone, and an interview, George came to Jackson (for obvious reasons). Jackson, also being a SW fan knew in the timeline that by the time the original trilogy took place, whatever Jedi he played was going to have died. So he wanted a unique saber blade color and wanted to go out in a glorious blaze of fire.

I'm not sure if Nick Gillard asked a similar thing for doing lightsaber stunts for 30 years in lucas' employ. Can't verify it though rumors are running he asked for yellow.

I suppose that is another perspective to the same story.

I can picture (from personal experience witnessing backstage drama between producers and talent) George tried putting his foot down at first, and Samuel let George say his piece, before Sam came back countering with his own negotiation.

View page
YouTube Video

The Revan video has it for the inquisitor in that one. But yeah, and one vid I think a dev said it was a combination of sidious and maul. Like the warrior is supposed to be based off vader, etc. Some images of Jedi are also shown using violet--they are out there.

BTW I'm not surprised and anyone should be able to use any color they like. *waits for Exar Kun's blade color to be retconned to red just to spite me*

Bah, I won't hold my breath. My view of George is sort of love-hate.
You know George does read these forums, I'd be careful how you cross him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Finch View Post
Canonically, the Exile had brown hair, brown eyes (iirc) a cyan lightsaber and was light-side aligned. Also she was a girl.

Also, when Jedi construct their lightsaber each one is unique to them due to the parts that they find themselves upon, so sometimes someone may end up with a different colour.

Either way, George Lucas admits to allowing EU-canon into his canon. He always searches around and allows it into Star Wars (Aayla Secura, General Grievous etc.) and you gotta remember that this IS 3,500 years BBY. Things that happen now might not be the same in 3,470 years time. Times change, like when they stopped using Force-imbued weapons and started using lightsabers instead.
Usually, it's a wink and a nod, and then on they go. Dave Filoni, the director of the Clone Wars is often the one bringing EU-canon to George, and because of his position often succeeds at getting it into the show. Some of the episodes from The Clone Wars were from the Clone Wars novel series that took place during the filming of Episode III, many of which I read. So, I immediately recognized them when they were filmed. So, really, you should be thanking his director Dave Filoni.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,