View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #19
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
OK, here's a terrific power supply deal for you.

1) Create a Newegg account and sign up for the email newsletter. You will then be able to use the coupon code on the product page.

2) In addition, if you're a new customer (or you're using a new email address to create a new account) you can also use the coupon code "NEWCUSTOMER10" for an additional $10 off. USE THIS CODE FIRST IF YOU QUALIFY.

3) After the mail-in rebate, you'll get this PSU for $20 + postage for the rebate.

Is it a good PSU? Well, it's built by Seasonic (an excellent PSU manufacturer), has 48 amps on the +12v rail (which means it will power an overclocked CPU and ANY video card up to a GTX 580) and it's compact enough to fit in just about any case. It is also very quiet. As a matter of fact, its only drawback is that it doesn't come with a power cord. It's more than what you need, but it's a very cheap, high-quality unit that you'll be able to use later on in a new computer; whatever its power requirements may be.

I'll just put it to you this way: it's been powering my main rig (Core i7 930 @4.1GHz/6GB RAM/GTX 460 @875/1750/1990) for over a year and a half now without a hiccup, and I trust it implicitly. It's a freaking tank.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 08-28-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,