I'll be impatiently waiting for the full version of this mod. First off, respect for you logan and the whole team who is working on this mod. Can't imagine how many time you already spent on it and how many effort you put into this.
The only thing I can do to help you out is to give my feedback on this beta demo.
Sadly we didn't get to experience all the new gameplay content in the dialogs you invented. The means to manipulate like a true Sith gets me on. K1 and TSL lacked it... You could be only openly moronic evil which is rather pathetic.
Onto my feedback
(I'll hide it as it may contain spoilers):
I'm not a script wrtier and can't say I know anything about creating plots. The story of this mod seems believable for SW universe and is introduced really nice. I got the hang of what's going on really quickly. The holonews are great idea and helps a lot in this.
I'm only talking about this demo mod ofc, I don't have any idea what might happen next.
I would be more worried about those smaller happenings and dialogs in them. Those need polishing imho. Tho it might be a little too late for that.
Quad died when I came to like him... but the idea of his ghost to appear through force is cool. Like Obiwan before Luke.
The ones introduced aren't as unique as those of K1 and TSL in look and characters but once you play some time you will get to like them. Quan is a big plus imho. I've been reading its pain in the ass to model heads so I didn't expect anything out of space yet I liked some cosmetic changes and reskins.
Gameplay of the demo content:
First of I must admit I felt that no matter what I say in dialogs the game follows one road. But that's just the beginning so I can't say anything more.
Like I mentioned before, we only got notified that we will be able to use light side or dark side means in dialog to either manipulate or encourage and some other options. We weren't able to test it. That's a shame imho.
I played only human and got humans in party so I don't know about those 'race feats/bonuses'.
Great job with the new content such as playable alien races. I was a little scared by the early screenshot but in game they look cool.
In one Corellian quest you try to help pay off a guy to the exchange and you need credits. That's the only area of game where credits exist. Other than that you don't see any shop to buy from. What do we need money for?
Items. Well, there were none besides quest items.
Biggest flaws are dialogs.
Sometimes the scene goes on longer than it should considered how less the character has to say.Then, there is another thing. For example at the beginning when PC talks to his friend who just became a knight. I picked an option asking if she passed the test and she proclaims she just passed the test as if I didn't ask about it... There are few spelling errors and other mistakes like the same word dupliacted one after another or sentence which begins of a small letter. Other punctuation errors that should be corrected.
I don't know how much you progressed with VOs... but some text/dialogs should be rewritten. Tho I'm not a specialist on that matter...
Technical problems/bugs I encoutered:
There are large numbers of NPCs with uniqe names. I don't know if that's such a good idea tho it shows the effort put into this mod. What I mean is that I would prefer if NPCs that doesn't include any quests and their only purpose is to fill the space to not be named. Thanks to that a player should know who to talk to in order to advance further in the game. But that's only me. And yeah, it looks more lively if there are many NPCs, I like that.
- At the Jedi Academy when Assasin tries to kill Moza while fighting my PC cancelled combat after one attack and I needed to engage again or it began to 'autoattack', each time the same thing happened.
- Camera rotation when starting a conversation with the Janitor's repair droid in Jedi Academy. It should be static I think? But is moving a lot.
- "Exits" aren't placed directly on the doors but float mid air before (in the cantina on Corellia and Hotel doors).
- On Corellia a guy named Marcus greeted me like we were old buddies but I couldn't talk with him or anything. Probably because I didn't have Quan in my party. Later on after I picked him up I couldn't speak to this guy again. Tho later after jungle quests we talked in cantina.
- If You won't include Quan Drayen in your party on Corellia and you'll enter to the Palace, the conversation will get cut and you will end up before Palace again. Shouldn't it spawn Quan Drayen by default if you enter there and didn't include him in the party? Or he should be permanently added on party when landing on Corellia. Or it should forbit to enter there if you are without Quan.
- After Uldir Tanic join the party, I did get a blade for him to equip but it doesn't include any description or name.
- There is a metal box on Corellian's Base Camp which say it's empty yet there are items inside. (Next to the ship you landed on).
- At Crash Site there is a Plasteel Cylander which is unable to access, right next to debris from which I got few items.
- I told Quan that my home planet was Suurja but the name on my datapad in inventory says it Iridonia
- The scene in the cave when Quan dies needs improvment, maybe cut some dialog too... For example the choice between 'Nooo!' and 'Master!' is rather silly and not needed at all :<.
- After I left the cave and was about to be arrested... I made some dialog choice and gave up my ligthsaber, then I was attacked anyway and few seconds later a movie appeared and the game crashed.
(rather personal opinion):
- The twilek announcer on the holonews has not fitting voice set for annoucing the news... If you know what I mean. Don't know tho if there are other voice sets for fem twilek in KOTOR to use.
The opening movie is badly edited. I don't mean the FXs or textures just the way it was cut togheter. The zooms are bad. Maybe they were to make more dynamics in the scene but they do the opposite. It would be better if those zooms happen the whole scene but a lot slower! It won't look static nor bad then. Right now those zoom are too fast and end before scene change to other which results in flow break which is really important in fast paced scenes.
Think that's all I wanted to share with... Hope it might be of any help. Now, I know it may look like I'm only seeing the negative things but it's different around! I really like the demo mod and I can't wait to play the full thing. Good luck and good job so far!