View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #51
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I'd love something like that. I thought the ROTS game MP dueling was fun, and could have been great if there were lots more characters.
Yeah like how MvC2 had, what, 50 characters? Of course if you know how to do sprite animations and have good software to assign some convincing and consistent hit detection, M.U.G.E.N. can pull off some 2-d wonders.

Actually, yeah ROTS had a pretty decent fighting game and it was balanced and didn't make anyone too underpowered or overpowered. It's the transition from 2-d to 3-d that gets to be troublesome. IE one of the Street Fighter 3s seemed okay but I'm surprised how poorly received it was by some (in my area at least). Sure, anyone here knows I'm all about the retro era but I do like well done 3-d fighter games. Or combat sim-esque.

SW could hold its own if it just had the right execution, sort of like the difference between twisted metals 3 & 4 vs TM Black. Doesn't need to have bells and whistles like the in depth customize-ability of smackdown for example. Just needs to be good.

As for the ROTS game itself, hey it was what it was and it doubled as a fighter quite well IMO. Anyone familiar with playing MegaMan X4, 5, & 6 as Zero and a bit of KOF2004 and beyond could handle this without too much trouble. I liked it.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,