View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
As for the rest, again, correct me if I'm wrong, but Episode II was the first of the series shown in digital theaters. If there was ever a "digital print" of Episode I, it was made sometime after its theatrical run.
I'm almost sure there was a version of Episode I shown in digital theaters. I'll try to search more info about that, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere back then.

Quote:
I would call it a "preservation" only in terms of it is going to display a higher resolution than the DVD or Laserdisc, making the visual quality closer to the theater, and probably have an aspect ratio and framing closer to the theater. I'm sure the sound will be better as well.
When I said "more preserved", I meant a version with no artifacts, etc, not an actual preservation.

Quote:
I get what you're saying otherwise. Lucas' hires have scanned the four films creating "digital masters" for any future versions already. Episode II and III are ready to go whenever he wants to use them.
Yes. What I was saying is that a digital master of Episode I was created/released back in '99. It was played some months after the original release.

EDIT: Found it.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,