View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #6
Capibara
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunvyrae
So I built my own Feat mod.
There's a mod that removes all pre-set feats at character creation and gives them as free feat slots for the player to choose, i think that's a better way as i find your feat allocation arbitrary.

About skills, i don't personally care much about pre-made background sets for classes, imo, classes should distinguish from each other in the way they progress (unique bonus feats, amount of skill, force, and hit points, number of feats, attack bonus, etc) and not for some arbitrary class-skill allocation to fit a broad, generic class archetype, especially considering how few classes there are in the game (for instance, why couldn't there be a soldier with good computer knowledge? granted, he will not be as good competing with a scoundrel with the same dedication to computing knowledge, giving that the scoundrel gains way more skill points to put on it, but still, why couldn't there be?). As it is, there shouldn't be any cross-class skill stuff, or at the very least there should be feats that allow conversion from cross-class to class skills (although with the few feats in total gained by some classes due to the low level cap, and the little usefulness of most skills throughout the game, conversion feats wouldn't be so great either...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunvyrae
Attack: +1 / +2 / +3
Defense: +2 / +4 / +6
Strength: +1 / +2 / +3
Blaster Deflection: +0 / +1 / +2

That's not too overpowered, is it? I just want it setup where, via the Dueling feats, a Jedi with 1 lightsaber is as fun as a Jedi with 2 lightsabers.
This seems like a good idea, and i'll agree that the dueling feat as it is hardly compensates for the benefits of dual or double wielding due to the way lightsabers work, but, your proposed numbers above do seem overpowered. I'd suggest removing the strenght (or any main attribute) bonuses, increasing the to-hit to +2 / +3 / +4 (or similar), leaving defense as it was originally at +1 / +2 / +3, and increasing blaster bolt deflection to +1 / +2 / +3 (or similar).
Capibara is offline   you may: quote & reply,