View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
EazyEVM
Lurker

Current Game: MW2
Revenge of the Sith: Anakin force-chokes Padmé

On Revenge of the Sith when Anakin is teeming with the dark side and loses his temper with his baby-mama, he decides to use the force to choke her into unconsciousness. What I noticed here was that Obi-Wan intervened and said, "Let her go, Anakin! Let her go." Well, I am one of those dudes who sometimes watches a movie and says to himself, "Self, wouldn't it be cool if that character had said this instead of that?"

It just so happens that at that point in the movie I thought it would have been supremely bad-to-the-ass if Obi-Wan had tried to get Anakin to stop by saying what he said, and then for Anakin to have completely ignored him. Then, Obi-Wan would have realized that Anakin was completely "gone" and was now Darth Vader. Hell, even Yoda told him that he was now Vader. Anyway, once Obi-Wan realized this, I think he should've said, "Vader! Release her!" at which point Vader would have dropped her and then the movie would continue on as is. This would be a throwback to the original trilogy and if they had had this line in the movie I would have jizzed in my pants.

Anyway, please reply with your thoughts on this. For the record, I loved Revenge of the Sith and I do not feel as if the movie is worse in any way without the line I have proposed. However, I do think it would have been better with it.

Thanks and have a great day!

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must."
EazyEVM is offline   you may: quote & reply,