View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 05:57 AM   #19
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Another thing to consider is that this is also very early in the game
Actually, I think he said it's in the second act. That gels with info that was released earlier which said the game starts out with the Marines boarding the Sulaco in orbit around LV-426. Judging by the very brief clip of it in that video, at some point shortly after it would appear the Sulaco (and possibly the second ship that the Marines came into the system in) crashes to the surface. Presumably beforehand some of the Marines at least get off via drop-ships and end up groundside in the remains of Hadley's Hope. It looks to me like the demo video starts not long after that, with you cut off from the main group and having to find a way to link up with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
The only snag this seems to have - if WY knew full well of what happened to Ripley and the others through their communications with the Prison planet, and the likely reports of the Medical team, why do they need a team to find out? Maybe it's a reason the game might not present so soon.
It could be that they want to ascertain if the Alien source vessel is still intact and the whole Sulaco/Ripley thing is just a way of getting the Marines in there (I'm pretty sure we'll be making a trip to it in the game). Also, it's possible that this mission could be completely independent of Weyland-Yutani and purely a military operation. In Aliens it was mentioned that they could expect a rescue party to be sent out after they were 17 days overdue, so possibly this is that rescue party. I expect though that there must be some fairly long flight times involved on top of that (months at least) as there is no hyperspace/FTL travel in the Aliens universe.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,