View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
whipwarrior
Rookie

Current Game: Fate of Atlantis
Fate of Atlantis is the best Indy game ever made, hands down. There are so many classic moments that it's hard to pick just one. Here are a few of mine:

When Indy feels up Sophia in the dark (c'mon, who HASN'T done that repeatedly for a cheap thrill?), she quips (echoing Mae West): "Is that a ship rib in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Changing into the captain's outfit aboard the U-boat, the icon for Indy's outfit reads: IndyWear by Lucasfilm. Coincidentally, the original Indy clothes made by Noel Howard (Indy film costumier at Berman & Nathans in London) had 'INDYWEAR' typed on the labels. When I mentioned the FOA joke to Mr. Howard many years ago, he replied that the game reference was an amusing coincidence, and that IndyWear just seemed like an obvious label for the clothes.

The conversation when Indy finds Sophia trapped in the pit below the labyrinth:

INDY: "How do I know it's really you?"
SOPHIA: "If I wasn't Sophia, how would I know about that cute little birthmark on your, ah..."
INDY: "Fine, you're Sophia."

INDY: "Swell, send me a postcard from Valhalla."
KERNER: "Take one more step and you'll get there first!" (this line is SO going in my novelization!)

FRANZ: "Shouldn't you be with the other foreign advisor? And where is Hans?"
INDY: "Hans is taking a nap."
FRANZ: "Hans would never sleep on duty."
INDY: "I didn't say it was voluntary."

INDY: "Hans and Franz sent me."

INDY: "Do you know anything about Atlantis?
KNIFE THROWER: "No, effendi. I only know about knives. And also a little First Aid."

Indy offers the used chewing gum to the Algerian beggar: "I may be a beggar, but I'm not THAT desperate."

I like all of Omar Al-Jabbar's shoddy offerings, but the soap seemed particularly funny because he cited the exact mixture from the label (as if that would really entice somebody into buying a bar of used soap): "How about this lovely bar of soap? It's 99 94/100 pure."

Sophia Hapgood does my bidding.
whipwarrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,