View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
The black hole idea really doesn't fit, although it may be close. I say that, mostly because it suggests the exile forcibly draws energy from everyone, which she does, but not like Nihilus. Where he draws energy from any source, the Exile draws only a limited amount- likely not enough to actually drain someone of life, or their force power(the actual powers themselves, notwithstanding). When the life around the Exile is plentiful, it is easy to draw the needed energy. Why could Kreia almost kill the Exile in the Enclave? Well, it mirrors Malachor, with the lingering feeling of dead Jedi, and even the planet itself is mostly desolate(not to mention the bond between the two, and a blade in the stomach). The reason the same doesn't happen on Malachor V during the endgame, in a similar scenario? Kreia's comment that you are not truly a Jedi or a Sith. Malachor is a world plentiful in the force, and the Exile uses that, no matter which side he or she lays claim to.
At what point does Kreia nearly kill the Exile? (I have only played lightside, will sound lame but even in a video game I can't be mean to the people). But at least it seemed to me the Exile was knocked unconscious as a result of Kreia forcing the Jedi Masters to let go of them trying to cut the Exile off from the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
Perhaps she did want to win, but only at first. At that point, it is only about killing what she hates, fears, etc. Along with using the Exile to do it. However, after the Jedi Enclave, it is easy to see that her goal changes - even if she is still using the Exile just the same.
I don't think Kreia actually wanted to kill the Jedi Masters in the LS playthrough, she wanted the Exile to show them they were wrong; her revenge would be them admitting they were wrong; Proof that in fact Kreia was right and they were wrong, however they still continuing along a cowards path of inaction. Her revenge was meant to be the Exile being her student and what the Exile represented, but when the council tried to cut the exile off from the force/kill the Exile, her hand was forced.

I do think the Let's Play does an excellent job of explaining the confrontation; http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-...date%2047/

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,