View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #11
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
Star Wars: Revelations
Gag me with a ****ing Bowie knife. Agree on the other two, though.

On the trailer itself: I like all the parts except where people are shown speaking or attempting to act. Much like their "Revan" fanfilm. Great title, too, by the way, "Shadows of Corruption" - the only one I could think of that would sound more bland or generic would be "Shadows of Echoes" or something.

Also, regarding "what do you expect from a fanfilm": I prefer that the creators know something about what they're doing, and many don't seem to know much except how to turn a camera on and off. Worst, however, is when they think they can write a good story or act and can't - like in the aforementioned Revelations, or the hysterically bad Red Harvest. Even decent effects are hardly necessary; by and large, the best fanfilms are the ones that accept the general quality ceiling and roll with it.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 10-21-2011 at 03:24 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,