View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #65
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
In either case, my posts were not against the rules and should not have been edited..

So it will be noted.. No other forum has had issues with multiple posts to different people.. Multiple posts to the same person yes.. But not different people..
From the rules, which are here (clicky):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
8. General posting habits

Threads and posts must be placed in their appropriate forums: check out the forum description before posting your message.

Before posting a new topic, do a search to see if there is already a recent thread on the subject. If there is already a thread similar to what you’d like to post, feel free to read it and post a reply in the existing thread. Note that sometimes the search function is disabled, so do your best without it.

If you can find no suitable thread that has received new posts within the past few weeks you may post your own. Do not revive threads that have not had any activity for months or years this way. This is called Thread Necromancy and is generally frowned upon.

Be specific when you name your topic. This will aid in topic searches and help prevent someone from posting something you already have.

Please refrain from starting topics on your life experiences unless the scope is focused and narrow enough to foster good, mature discussion. This is not the place to write about what you did during the day, nor is it a place for you to rant about anything and everything of little interest to anyone but yourself. If you want to write about that sort of thing, please use the Blog section instead.

Try to stay on topic. Discussion is a good thing and is encouraged, but if what you have to say deviates a lot from the topic, do not post it in that thread. Consider starting your own thread instead. This is a matter of respect to the thread starter.

If you want to add something to a thread that you have recently posted in, and no one else have made any new posts in, edit your last post in the thread instead of creating a new one. If several days have passed where no one has posted anything and you have something substantial to add to the thread you may make a new post instead.
AND:
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rules
The staff reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason deemed necessary.
Why do we merge multiple posts? Because your avatar and signature take up space in each post. We have people from all over the world, some of whom who are still on dialup or on satellite, and they have extremely slow connections. Making them wait ages for the pages to load so you can multi-post is not being considerate to them. Other sites may not care as much and thus allow you to multi-post. We are not them. We choose to do things a little differently here, and so you'll have to adjust accordingly. Thank you for your consideration of our members with very slow connections.

Quote:
I beta tested Cataclysm for WOW and now currently SWTOR for BW and EA and Lucas Arts.. As well as many other MMO's both past and present..
You'll have to PM me your TOR name and server then--perhaps we can quest together.

As for profitability--I would not be surprised if TOR recoups all its development costs in pre-order game sales alone. I believe they have about a million pre-orders already. The only MMO in development now with equal or greater hype surrounding it is Guild Wars 2, which also looks like it's going to be an outstanding game. There is more than enough content in the base game of TOR alone to keep subscribers happy for quite some time, which will translate into a lot of subscriptions. They're already working on content releases from what I've seen in dev blogs and Stephen Reid's tweets, so the game is going to continue to grow and evolve. Will it have the staying power of EvE or WoW? I think it very well might, especially as BW continues to develop and expand the game.

@Mav--the gov't never searched between my walls for that 5th abacus, and they left the house now, so I can give it back to you any time you want.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 10-26-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,