View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #18
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-0927 View Post
My point was that it's Lucas - I don't trust any decision of his anymore, and I'm often disregarding his changes/inclusions of stuff.
So?

Quote:
Additionally, cutting someone in half (severed intestines and no body waste systems/reproductive systems, woot!) and sending them down a seemingly-bottomless pit (pits which are connected to reactors, I might add) is quite different than knocking an armored mercenary with a jet pack down the throat of something that does not kill immediately. The believability matters, very, very much.
Of course it does. If it is possible for someone to escape from the Sarlacc (just because it doesn't kill immediately), then what was the real danger there? It removes believability from the scene. So no, the principle is not different, praising one and despising another only shows hypocrisy.

Quote:
And yes, if Maul was resurrected and there were MAJOR series (not comic books or lesser-regarded novels) depending on his resurrection, I'd accept it.
What? I'm not following your logic.

Quote:
A few times was enough, and most of their non-deaths should be accepted,
Should?

Quote:
But that's not true - there are varying levels of canon. Even more if you add your own personal interpretations of everything into it.
That's irrelevant for the discussion. Both are canon. Both count. The levels of canon only matter when there are contradictions between them (and it's not the case here).

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,