View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor

Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Of course it does. If it is possible for someone to escape from the Sarlacc (just because it doesn't kill immediately), then what was the real danger there? It removes believability from the scene. So no, the principle is not different, praising one and despising another only shows hypocrisy.
I don't follow. First of all, what's the point you're trying to make about "the believability of the scene?" That seems quite irrelevant. Then you jump straight from scene believability to a principle as though you've proven an irrevocable point, but I don't see a clear syllogism. If you're saying that resurrecting anyone from the dead, regardless of just how "dead" they are, is setting a dangerous precedent, then I quite agree.

Also, at the beginning you agree that believability matters quite a lot, but then appear to state that taking it into account makes one a hypocrite. It seems that you're saying that people should be either on one side or the other, and that making a personal judgment makes them a hypocrite. This conflicts with your previous statement that you've been picking and choosing which EU content you like.

I can't see why you're getting so worked up over the opinions of other people. I'll admit that none of us are exactly Mr. Spock in our thought processes (except maybe Lynk), but it's no skin off your nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,