View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #21
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokken View Post
I don't follow. First of all, what's the point you're trying to make about "the believability of the scene?" That seems quite irrelevant.
If you follow the discussion, it's not irrelevant. PR-0927 brought the argument of believability to the table. I only showed that Boba's ressurrection doesn't have it either.

Quote:
Then you jump straight from scene believability to a principle as though you've proven an irrevocable point, but I don't see a clear syllogism.
The principle is that both were ressurrected due to popularity. Therefore, both share the same principle. Arguing that one removes believability and ignoring the other (which does too) doesn't deny that.

Quote:
If you're saying that resurrecting anyone from the dead, regardless of just how "dead" they are, is setting a dangerous precedent, then I quite agree.
That too.

Quote:
Also, at the beginning you agree that believability matters quite a lot, but then appear to state that taking it into account makes one a hypocrite.
False. Taking into account one and excluding/ignoring the other is what I called hypocrite.

Quote:
It seems that you're saying that people should be either on one side or the other, and that making a personal judgment makes them a hypocrite.
No. Unless that "personal judgement" shows hipocrisy. People can accept one and not the other, but they shouldn't bring a fault they both share as an argument, only to excuse/promote one of them.

Quote:
This conflicts with your previous statement that you've been picking and choosing which EU content you like.
No. See above.

Quote:
I can't see why you're getting so worked up over the opinions of other people.
I'm not. But opinions can be discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katanamaru View Post
Both Bobba and Maul should be dead. If someone dies they die. Leave it be.
I agree.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,