Thread: Dead Island
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #20
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
Hard to tell to be honest. I was having a blast with it up till mid chapter 2-3.
I'm pretty sure the demo (if one exists) wouldn't give you anywhere close to that. (the chapters are VERY long).

Don't get me wrong.. the game is good (fun). It's just that it's one of those games where it will get tedious if you decide to do every single thing in the game. TONS of back and forth and every time everything has respawned.

If you like fighting (a lot). This game will be right up your alley.. hehe. But be warned if you're a "get to the goal" "fast travel" "get it done" kinda player.. this game will test you.

Fast travel points are few and far between (not bad at first.. but gets tedious by mid chapter 2). Resources aren't bad as I don't think I was ever hurting for weaponry or cash. Especially once you start collecting recipes/mods and are able to make your own gear.

Fun game.. and it's mostly the combat that really starts to grind your nerves. There's quite a bit of it and some of your enemies can outrun you
Can you get a Samurai Sword or any decent guns? I quite like Zombie games... I'm not a do every side quest kind of person... From an RPG element I just couldn't see myself doing random sidequests in a Zombie Apocalypse... My attitude would be find somewhere safe rescue who I can along the way.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,