View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 05:29 AM   #103
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
For the record, I don't believe religious people are stupid.
Neither do I. I just think that they're brainwashed, as I was.
Quote:
For this reason I don't believe the human race will ever steer away from some form of religion, be it spiritual or totalitarian in the form of a country or state. At least not unless something radical happens with the human consciousness, possibly aided by technology in the future which will guide us away from our animalistic nature toward something very different.
Looks like we're just going to have to evolve beyond our need for it.
Quote:
Oh and congratulations on your sobriety Q, I'm well on my way myself. *fingers crossed*
Thanks for the kind words. For the record, I still drink, but not very often and it doesn't alter my perception to the point where I think that fairies are real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
You don't have to "hate" or ignore totally, because the one who hears is as wise as the one who speaks.

You can have you're own beliefs, but they don't need to be the whole inverse of the ones from christian or jewish or whatever religion, just because they have done bad things before.
I'm fairly certain that I'm not going to devolve into an amoral savage simply because I've stopped believing in a deity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
The problem is that religions, or, to be more accurate, communities of religions, are formed by people, people that have their pros and cons, and, well, somehow, you cannot blame them for what they did after all, who are we to blame people?
Are you saying that we shouldn't hold people responsible for their actions? Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
I always laugh when people blame religion for wars and the like. Not only it's an innacurate generalization, but they fail to see that people are the problem, not religion.
In a way you're right since it was people who invented religion in the first place.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 11-10-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,