View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #87
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
I love these long drawn out discussions about that which we are passionate.

Now if only we could include that one episode where Tom Green pretended to hump a dead moose, that would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior Master View Post
Well now you're kinda asking for it if you assume avatar gender=IRL gender of other users. Let's get real here. What does it make out of both of us if one of us assumes?

I sort of wondered at why he was being so nice to me, and thought my link to psychostick's beer song was "so awesome" for someone "like [me]". Then I realized he was a typical teen guy looking at my christmas avatar of...well you saw the base pic of that meme.

Quote:
By now itīs just another version, but, in time, Iīm afraid it will be canon, cause theyīre already including all of it in www.starwars.wikia.com/Revan : there, it is said that Revan used a green lightsaber when he went to the Unknown Regions (as in the novel), they have added it after, I think it was not before.
In the game, I'd guess both MotF and Heart of the Guardian came into Revan's possession. And after the conflict was terminated, Revan in duty to the Jedi order, probably gave those rare crystals to the order for safe keeping. Obviously had to put a new color crystal inside his saber hilt after the fact.

IIRC the comics had a vision of the future from that point, it showed the star forge, malak face down on the floor dead, and Revan standing with his single lightsaber ignited, Mantle of the Force turquoise blade (not quite cyan). Under the hood was a shadow and a T shaped visor.

I use that and HotG in a 2 saber style. (Can you guess what class I am? )

Also, without mods it is not possible to obtain the original mask and the open front robes. No mods are canon, except maybe something of M4-78 in K2 since that planet at least shows up in at least one canon book. (I eagerly await the day M4-78 is compatible with TSLRCM!) So I would think there would be some explanation for the mask. New robes, since the originals were "seen as abominations and burned" by the jedi order.

Hey, the Exile's ghost doesn't really resemble any of her appearances from her game. I'm kind of irritated about that.

Quote:
Thereīs also a description of Revanīs physical appereance and now, during the KotOR, he looks another Qui-Gon Jinn , another thing added recently.
Yeah, head # PMHC04. I chose that one b/c, well, it looked most like myself. The stubble was added later, and now his hair is more mullet-ish than I like.

Quote:
I also thought Revan went to the Unknown Regions a year later of KotOR (I think itīs that what itīs said in KotOR 2), but know you can read he stayed 2 years, and he and Bastila were married (another change).
I'll try my best to explain these: Revan "left" about a year after defeating Malak so far as Carth knows. Remeber, Revan more or less faded by hiding out anonymously, right out in public, not seeking the attention and glory. A trait I admire for personal reasons--which is starting to make me feel spoiled!

So far as marrying Bastilla:
1) there has been a lot of debate and contention on whether or not this was the case after K1 after pursing the romance or if the Jedi order disallowed it. Final nail in the coffin for the argument as it were.
2) fate's hand because there are STILL a LOT of clueless KOTOR players on about the romance (just ask Shem, better yet go visit his thread "What game did you play, seriously?" in LF republic newsfeed. You'll see what I am talking about.)
3) Remember that scene in ROTS where Anakin could not sleep because of his nightmares? Does that seem in any way similar to you with Revan's nightmares about the resurgent sith empire?

(And yet I get the impression DK hasn't thought that far through it all and will see this and claim it was his idea all along. )

Quote:
Besides, they talk about Revanīs past as Dark Lord and Revanīs reprogrammed mind by the Council as Master Gnost-Doral says in SW TOR; personally, I prefer Kreiaīs version, instead of the "official" version of Revan turning to another ruthless-ambitious-fool Sith because he wanted to be more powerful, and blah, blah, blah ... (another point for the canon ).
I thought Kreia said it was not "falling" to the dark side but rather "sacrificing himself to it"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD View Post
However, I want Revan to get decent roles and treatment so that fanbase is satisfied. Fans are important because they made Star Wars famous in the first place.
I'm sure that he will. And since you the player in TOR presumably once made Revan yourself, in a sense you'll be beside yourself when you meet him.

Quote:
To be honest, I want more novels on Revan.
I don't. The more they make on him, the more it will risk damaging what was there before and obscuring/estranging the character to the fans. We're already having that problem with Vader. I say define to a point and then leave well enough alone--just my opinion though.

What has happened was simply because so many fans have demanded it long enough, and that such a move could not be made without some specifics filled in for editorial necessity. As DK said: "It's been building for awhile now", so it probably was decided in terms of
a> what fits established canon
b> what the majority of fans would agree with/what meshes most with SW like resembling a familiar character
c> the author's desires
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,