View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #289
Dapper Chimp
Current Game: Pillars of Eternity
10 year veteran!  Helpful!  Veteran Modder  Forum Veteran 
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
yeah.. I'm just trigger shy with companions as Bethesda seems hell bent on having them jump in front of you mid-swing.
The quest you have to option to complete while getting the Storm Call shout (aside: if you don't have this, get it now) includes a companion that you can't control. It took me 5 tries to get past the boss because miss ma'am kept jumping in front of my arrows.

More on Storm Call: as soon as I used it, I remembered seeing one of the devs show it in one of the pre-release marketing videos. The bad news is that you have to be outside when you use it and it literally takes 3 minutes to recharge (so you better not plan on needing any other shouts for a while). The good news is that it will ruin the whole day of anyone within your current zip code. I found myself pinned down by Altmer archers and mages and wasn't sure how I was going to get out alive. Then I remembered my new shout. I ducked in a corner by the door I'd just exited from, hollered, and watched as lightning killed off half a dozen bad guys over the course of 30 seconds. Pure awesome.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,