View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Yep, I have my early access code in, and hope to be in game at 7am tomorrow morning. However, Amazon can't guarantee I'll get my physical copy until the 22nd. So, on the 20th when the game goes 'live', my access is cut off until I enter the game code that comes with the box. I can't even put a subscription in.

The customer service rep for amazon emailed me back and said he's going to try to talk to marketing and see what he can do, and he's going to phone me back when he gets an answer. I suspect a lot of folks have cancelled CE orders to go digital, and they're trying not to bleed out any more orders.

What really surprises me is that some people got the option for release-day shipping, but so many others didn't. I never was sent an email with that option, or I would have upgraded to that in an instant.

Also-I'd agree that this was likely a distribution CF on top of EA retracting the 'grace period' that Stephen Reid said back on Aug. 7th that we'd all have if we had put in a pre-order code.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,