View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #104
Zakhodit
Rookie

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Ah. I had thought you'd just unlock schematics automatically as you levelled. I can see this is going to cost a hojillion dollars. My wallet is still stinging from the 210K I just forked out for the tier 2 speeder training at level 40.
Also, your trainer only sells you GREEN schematics.

To unlock BLUE and PURPLE versions of items schematics you have to reverse engeneer items. A lot.

I'm not sure if there are any other factors that make the discovery of Blue and Purple schematics easier, so far it's been very random. A level 7 Red color crystal took me one time to learn the blue schematic. I still don't have the level 7 Blue color crystal schematic and I've dismantled countless crystals.

So basiclly, I go about it like this:

1)Build 2 of Item (green)
2)Reverse Engeneer each and hope I learn the (blue) schematic

If not, repeat steps one and two.
If so, then:

1)Build 2 of Item (blue)
2)Reverse Engeneer each and hope I learn the (purple) schematic

In therory there is a color above that (dark purple) but I haven't had the balls to tear apart my purple items to find out. At best you get about 50% of the materials back but sometimes it's less.

And fetching all the items for one Purple schematic can be very costly and time consuming. I have a purple schematic for a level 31 Enhancement. It took me 4 hours until my companions brought back the right combination of parts before I could build it. (Fracking Krayt Pearls are hard to come by)

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Zakhodit is offline   you may: quote & reply,