View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I’m not 100% sure if it is that Troopers are easier or that I just better at the game mechanics now, but I played up to level 8 last night and didn’t die and unlike my smuggler I killed everything. After that, I finally died a couple times when I got cute against an elite and strong at the same level as my toon without the benefits of buffs and under equipped and trained (by under trained I mean I leveled up, but had not visited a trainer). Overall, I will agree with Rogue Nine Troopers are boss.

I would highly recommend a Trooper for anyone that hates dying or that is a casual gamer. The starting abilities make the fights a breeze and can very easily be adapted to also control mobs ability to shoot at you. Unlike with a smuggler I hardly ever had to pause between battles to recuperate and I could easily slaughter everything within an area.

Loved the voice of Jennifer Hale too, many of the lines were dead pan soldier banter, but she does them to perfection. I could almost hear her say “This is Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.”

This is definitely going to be my second playthrough. Going to get her off world tonight and then go back to my smuggler.

Last edited by mimartin; 01-11-2012 at 11:38 AM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,