View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #37
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"Thank you for the information. If any of your suit's functions fail you on the mission, don't hesitate to contact me. I might be able to fix them for you...but I understand if I'm not allowed to see how it works. I figure I should still give you the offer. It will be an honor to fight along side you," the Corporal finished.

S202A just stared for a moment, not many soldiers actually said that it was an honor to fight with a Shade, only that they were grateful for the extra firepower that they brought to bare on the battlefield.

"You wouldn't know how..." Was all the Shade said in response after the long pause.

S202A heard soldiers snapping to attention around him, noticing one of them heading into the armory as instructed, he caught some words from the Sergeant Major off to the side.

"......The words 'never used a gun in my life' crossed my ear, I decided to speak up and give my two cents. Sorry, Shade." The sour man saluted with a sense of something less than respectful coming off of his personage. The Shade simply looked at him, without care, and without feeling; he felt no contempt, nor hatred, nor pity, nor sorrow for him, S202A was simply getting everyone straightened out and on task for the sake of order, which was something drilled into all in the military, even the Sergeant Major with all his 'opinions', and 'two cents' and lack of care or concern (not that the Shade had any). Not that opinions mattered in the military, because when you were in the military, the military owned both you, and your opinions; you had no say, and you had no choice, you did what you were told, or you faced discipline and consequences, something the Shade felt that the Sergeant Major had gone without. He'd have to look into why.

'Another General's child?' He questioned in his mind as he glanced over at the Sergeant. He looked back over at the Sergeant Major and spoke to him finally, "I'd take those two cents back. You'll need them to buy yourself enough motivation to get your equipment like both the C.O., and I, ordered."

Shade humor...Was not funny. Especially coming from a Shade.

He hoped mentioning the fact that the order to get equipment had been given twice would be enough to get him, and anyone else still idling around, to actually do it. He glanced down at the Corporal who was still standing in front of him exuding the same feelings off of himself, as he stared at S202A's H.E.S. unit, "That goes for you too, Corporal."

S202A felt eyes settle on him, and a wash of information come over him, one in particular he recognized as something he'd actually felt within himself, but only at the thought of his own 'retirement'; though it's sensation was enough to remind him of it, and bring the feeling to bare. Fear.

He felt more questions tickling his mind from someone other than the Corporal, and a sense of......Inspiration? No, awe? Yes? Not quite. A flash of a thought, 'Enamored...'

S202A lifted his head up slightly at his detection of these things, he was trained to be keenly aware of those who's minds were focused on him. It was a trigger sense that told him: Danger!

Just because everyone was fighting one menace together did not mean they didn't see it in others. The thought of Shades often brought about the ideas of Brieder supremacy in people's minds, and how the Brieders (or more exactly, their leader) made this their excuse for war, and the conversion and destruction of mankind. Who was to say Shades didn't feel the same way? But people often forgot, or more exactly, they chose to forget - simply for the sake of prejudice - that Shades were made not to feel.....At all. But people would fear what they felt was dangerous, what they didn't understand; who was more unknown, and more threatening than a Shade?

So trigger senses were embedded into Shades for the sake of their own safety.

S202A swiveled his head ominously in the direction of the trigger, only to find that it was the scientist who had been speaking to the Sergeant. She seemed enraptured with his presence almost as much as the Corporal had, though in a minute and lingering sense. No, she seemed more intimidated than enraptured. There was the reaction he'd been waiting to feel from the woman in the black duo, only, it was coming from a common civilian scientist.

He knew that looking at her right as she was analyzing him in such a manner might frighten her even more, so to prevent an unnecessary panic he decided to initiate, rather than react to her study of his personage. He glanced at the Sergeant next to her and another sudden flash of memory came to mind.

"Contrary to popular belief, I don't bight.....Much," he reiterated the Sergeants own words in his cold empty voice.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,