View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #24
Antares Navaar
Rookie

Current Game: Hello Kitty Online Adventures
I love the PT, but there are a few things of note that could have been done so much better. To be honest, I didn't care about Padme and Anakin. The acting was just terrible between the two, to the point where I really couldn't care less what happened between them. With Han and Leia, it felt very heartwarming when the two actually got together.

Midi-Chlorians. Why? The force was some mystical, inexplicable thing until this came along. It doesn't solve every mystery, but it pretty much says that the Jedi know exactly what's what, and that's not the impression OT gave me. And that's not the impression I'd like, either.

Jar-Jar Binks. As said above, it felt like they were aiming for something for little kids to enjoy, and the many times he jumped in as comic relief was actually obnoxious to the point where it nearly killed the movie for me. I actually crossed my fingers when the Battle of Naboo came. But nope, this guy had to survive.

But seriously, I love the PT. It gave introduction to many amazing characters. It shed light on a dark spot that was Star Wars, giving the saga a beginning, and the story isn't half so bad as people make it out to be. I felt it funny that there were so many Jedi, their order was so vast and alive, but in OT Luke's the last of them. I also do find myself begging internally for Anakin not to betray the Jedi every time I watch 3. As peculiar as his acting can be, he made a good Anakin.

"Neither dark nor light, but both all the same.
Neither hero nor villain, but both all the same.
Neither balanced nor chaotic, but both all the same.
Neither alive nor dead, but both all the same."
Antares Navaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,