View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 03:38 AM   #5
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Very nice hardware.
You need to make a brag post in your thread in the tech forum to showcase what you ended up getting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
OK, here we go. It is protesting my video card. Here is my config (this is Windows 7 64bit):
Yeah, that's normal. These games are old and don't properly recognize new hardware, drivers and any version of Windows newer than XP.

First off:
GameVersion=v2.00.424
This tells me that the game hasn't been patched, or that the patch did not apply correctly. It should be:
GameVersion=v2.10.427

Second:
Anti Aliasing=8
This should be set to 4. I know that your card is more than capable of 8x AA, but the game will run more smoothly and will actually look better with 4x AA.

I have no idea about the soft shadows thing, but it might be tied to the AA issue above, so I would try turning them on after setting AA to 4. I would turn V-Sync on as well.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,