View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #238
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by snommism View Post
I personally see that as a challenge But I tend to play the "crappy" class.
I took it as a challenge on solo mode too, but now the crappiness is spilling into group side. In solo I got pretty good, towards the end I was getting through battles even out of cut scenes without trouble. I sure the same thing will happen here after practice, but the problem is this practice is not only getting me killed, but others.
Quote:
IMO, you should be healing 100% of the time when in a group. Unless you are consistently wiping to a boss' enrage timer because the party just isn't putting out enough DPS.
The problem usually isn’t the boss, the problem usually is everything else usually takes notice of me at some point during the battle, especially turrets.
Quote:
Its not drastic, but you also have pugnacity (i think is the name/spelling)
Thanks…I haven’t been using pugnacity properly at all. All I knew is it took consumed an Upper Hand, never had a problem with energy in solo mode so I just forgot about Pugnacity. I can see now that while it is true it is not drastic, it will be of great use in groups. Thank you…
Quote:
I think your tank should be keeping things off you. If you are getting hit then you need to call out "get these things off me!"
I’m not blaming the tank. He seems to do a really good job at keep things off of me. The DPS seem to be doing a good job of killing to when they are not dying because I’m having problems with my job. I know some of it is my gear, haven’t done enough to upgrade my gear above from the gear I had at the end of the main quest. Got my first great piece on the last hard flashpoint, so I hope equipment helps. Maybe I should be doing flashpoints on the normal setting, but I have to do what the group is doing.

Quote:
Looks like a very solid build. The only difference between that and mine is I didn't put any points into "anatomy lessons" (reduces cost of atk spells) as I don't attack, and "scar tissue" (reduces dmg taken) as I don't plan to get hit. Instead, I put the points in "survivors scars" & "no holds barred"
From my reading today, I am thinking about giving those spec a go. Only reason I’ve been holding off is in case I needed to do dailies alone. Need some more guild member at 50.
Quote:
I hope that helps some and good luck!
If nothing else it got me to relook at Pugnacity which I think will help with one of my biggest problems. Again thank you. It really sucks to be a healer to set there watching someone die because of a lack of energy hoping someone will get you Upper Hand before the end.

Last edited by mimartin; 02-17-2012 at 09:11 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,