View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #47
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I don't think developers/publishers think they WON'T profit from PC games... it's just that most of them think they will get more profits from console games...
I know. But then isn't it legitimate to ask for a PC version (even if it's released later on)? They have got "nothing" to loose.

Quote:
- PC games do sell... just not as quickly or as much as most console games unless it can do something a console just cannot... like TOR.
I don't argue that.

Quote:
- DRM does protect their games, the more passive methods consoles and Steam employs seems to be pretty acceptable to a lot of people... but as you know, PC gamers draw a line and boycott games if it passes that line (see Mass Effect 3 on Origin).
How exactly does DRM protect their games? DRM is cracked mostly before or on the day the game is released. And in the end, the legitimate consumers are the ones who have to deal with it, while the pirates play the "normal version". Is it really worth it? I don't think so.

Quote:
- Piracy does have an affect, don't think it doesn't. We all do it but don't start thinking there is no affect.
"Hugely" is the key word.

Quote:
You may have your beliefs but these companies have sales data on their games that seem to suggest that releasing games on a console is more profitable for them than on PC.
On the short run, yes. And as I said, I understand why they want to focus more on the consoles. I only think PC shouldn't be ignored either. And no, they are not charity organizations, but that doesn't make the plea any less valid.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,