Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #1333
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman View Post
In terms of gameplay, the biggest issue for me is, as I've stated previously, the limited character interaction, especially with the main cast. Hell, I've had more conversations with some minor characters than I had with my past and present crew.
I said back when ME2 came out that they had painted themselves into a corner with the "everyone can die!" suicide mission central mechanic and it was going to come back and bite them in the ass in ME3. It instantly relegated the entire ME2 cast to small throw-away roles in ME3 to minimise dialogue that might never be seen by players or would need to be duplicated by a stand-in character. Only Tali and Garrus got any sort of reprieve in that regard. Garrus because he seems to be both a Bioware and fan favourite and Tali purely on the strength of fan love alone. As I noted in a previous post, the Virmire Survivor got particularly short shrift which is somewhat baffling after being virtually left out of ME2 (to much fan derision) seemingly to save them for a starring role in ME3. The same was the case with Liara, although she fared much better in ME3. There were a lot of great moments with the squad members, but as you allude to the ambient-style dialogue for the most part instead of proper conversations was a bit of a letdown.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,