View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalforever View Post
Why is the Exile the only one who can kill Nihilius in a straight up fight?
Because, as a wound in the Force, she is immune to his drainage power. When she confronts him on the Ravager he tries to use it on her, but only exhausts himself in the process.

Quote:
The Jedi Masters cut the Exile off from the force because they fear that she might fall to the Dark side and become like Nihilius. But why would the Exile fall to the Dark side? She worked tirelessly and moved from planet to planet to save the Jedi Masters. If she would have been Dark sided, wouldn't she have killed the Jedi Masters?
Keep in mind that they haven't seen all of her good deeds; and since we know from both the movies and other parts of the EU that dark-siders can mask their alignment, they can't be sure whether she's deceiving them or not. And as others have noted, her status as a wound is bound to affect their judgement of her character a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
Though the game does make mention of the idea that, if severed, it would kill them both. But when it is, it is either that it was severed because it was no longer between the same people(i.e between Kreia and the Exile), or because it was a bond, inevitably, between teacher and student, so when she says "I will teach you no longer. Our bond remains, but that is all." The bond likely breaks with the utterance of that first part, and the second is a lie(as Kreia is known to do), though it is possible she would not have known about it.
I call it a plot hole.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 04-03-2012 at 08:16 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,