View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
My name is Shana and right now I can't believe what I'm seeing. Until now I thought that Kai and Hizuni were the only survivors besides myself but now I know that I'm wrong. My older sister who I thought was dead literally just fell out of the sky after a battle with one of Doctor Hyman's creations. I haven't really had a chance to talk since she fell asleep after her wounds were treated but words can't express how happy I am. My sister is still alive and that means that there may be other survivors as well. I can't wait for her to wake up!

"Onii-san...what are you thinking about right now?"

Kai had his eyes closed as he thought about the recent events that had happened. Captain Terranova's sudden reappearance had raised questions that had been constantly going through his head. Was it possible that she had managed to track them down due to their devices? Or more importantly, was it possible that she had a ship that could get them off this planet? He still had no idea how she had come to be here but as soon as she woke up he fully intended to answer.

"I'm just wondering about recent events. It's possible that Captain Terranova has a ship hidden somewhere. I don't see how she could have gotten here otherwise but still...if there is even a small chance that she has a ship then we may finally be able to get off this rock and try to find other survivors.

"But for all we know she could have been shot down by that project she was fighting and the ship might be ruined. She might be stuck here with us for a long time."

Kai sighed heavily and Hizuni looked down at the ground sadly. He knew what Hizuni said was true, he had raised her not to beat around the bush but despite what she had said he was still hopefull that there might be a way off this ruined planet.

Kai opened his eyes and stared up at the sky. He had been sleeping up on the top floor of the ruined hospital when Hizuni had found him. He could tell that she was a bit worried. It was possible that Captain Terranova had been tracked here and more projects could be on the way.

He was just about to tell Hizuni to head downstairs and go to sleep when Shana walked up on the roof. She had a wide smile on her face and tears were starting to appear in her eyes. "She's awake. And she wants to talk to us."

Kai got to his feet without a word and motioned for Hizuni to follow Shana. He took a quick look at the sky to make sure that there was nothing watching them before following the two of them downstairs. He wasn't showing it but on the inside he was glad that Terranova was awake. He had quite a few questions for her and he knew that she would be able to answer them.

As they descended down the stairs, Kai couldn't help but wonder: why had she appeared so long after the battle? And had she been tracked here?

Hopefully we can get some answers, he thought as they finally entered the small room that Terranova was sleeping in. It had been hard to find a room that still had all four walls but they had found one.

Terranova was sitting up in her bed as the three of them walked into the room. She smiled sadly as the three of them walked into the room. Kai saluted her into the military manner and she waved her hand dismissively. “You don't need to salute me Kai.”
Kai lowered his arm and to be honest he was uncomfortable. The Terranova that he knew respected the military and should have returned the salute. He put it to the back of his mind and asked the question that he felt should be asked first.

“Captain Terranova...I realize that this question may be a bit offensive but I need to ask: Do you know if you were followed here by any of the projects?”

Terranova laughed weakly. “I was...but I managed to take care of the project that followed me. And don't worry, you didn't offend me. I made a mistake on my way here and he hit my ship when I entered the planet's atmosphere.” Terranova frowned slightly. “My ship is a lost cause, I hit a building head first on my way down and the controls are fused.”

Both Kai and Hizuni both sighed heavily. It looked like that they were going to be stranded on this planet for a long time yet. But Kai couldn't help but wonder, How had she found them?

Kai was about to ask when Hizuni looked up at him and then back at Terranova. “How did you find us Captain Terranova? And I think I speak for everyone here when I ask: How did you survive project Z's attack?”

Kai slapped a hand to his head in exasperation. “I apologize Captain Terranova...It's...well...”

Terranova smiled at Hizuni. “It's alright Kai, I don't mind her asking. As for what happened and how I and the others survived...it's a long story

Flashback

“Captain Terranova! Commander Carrington has ordered a retreat! The rest of the projects are forming up around Project Z!”

Terranova looked at the solder who had given the report and then looked down at Kai and Hizuni's unconscious bodies. If they all survived this she was going to chew out both Hizuni and Kai. Especially Kai, he had nearly killed himself trying to attack Zeus.

“We need to go now!”

Terranova looked over at the ruins of the building that the projects were surrounding and she looked back at the troops that were quickly running into the various transports. She watched as one of the transports took off only to be quickly shot down by one of the projects that was hovering above Project Z. She could see an evil smile on it's face.

They're not going to let us leave...she realized with dawning realization and horror. The bulk of the federation's forces were here...and most of them were either dead or badly injured. There was no one left to defend the worlds of the federation.

She was about to turn around and shout for the others to get away from the various transports when a massive beam of light shot up from Project Z and completely disintegrated the four transports that were up in the air.

Commander Carrington's voice suddenly echoed across the battlefield. “Everyone take cover!”
Terranova motioned to Shana and she quickly moved to cover Hizuni just as Terranova leaned over to cover Kai.

A sudden burst of light filled the battlefield as a figure who was glowing with golden energy sped across the battlefield.

Carrington...Terranova thought in amazement as the transformed Carrington battered aside the projects that were attempting to intercept her. She must have unleashed all of her magic...released the seal on her device to use every bit of magic she has...But to use that much...she won't survive long.

Terranova suddenly heard a voice in her head, Captain Terranova, get everyone out of here. If what I'm planning works I should be able to buy you enough time to get the survivors out of here.

Another massive burst of light lit up the battlefield as the supercharged Carrington slammed into Project Z who quickly brought up a barrier to try and defend against the human projectile but too little too late.

Goodbye. Terranova and Shana both heard the voice of Commander Carrington in their minds as Project Z was sent flying backward by the transformed Carrington. A moment later, a massive burst of golden light filled the sky and a massive shock wave sent the four of them flying through the air.

The last thing Terranova saw was a large piece of debris coming right at her.

Flashback Ends

Terranova had tears in her eyes as she remembered that final battle. Carrington had sacrificed her life to save the survivors.

“By the time I woke up, I was aboard one of the transports heading back to Federation territory. But when I found out that Shana, Kai and Hizuni were missing...I begged them to let me head back to the planet to search for you three, but we couldn't. The man that Carrington left in charge was new to command and he felt that it was better that I help try to stop the projects though...we've lost so many people and planets...entire populations have been wiped out by the projects.

Kai nodded slowly...And when I woke up I searched for days before I found Hizuni and Shana, we found enough parts from the transports to repair one of them.”

Terranova smiled sadly. “And you managed to leave the planet only to run into one of the projects while trying to make your way home. They shot you down and you've been stuck here since, correct?”

“Yes. I'm going to be honest, we thought that there might be a way for us to get out of here...but it looks like we're still going to be stuck here for a long time.”

Terranova smiled again and for an instant Kai saw a look that made him think of the first time he met her and it made him feel a bit better.”

“I wouldn't say that...” She said as she reached for her device which was glowing with a faint light. “Recently we found something out about our devices, we were experimenting with them recently in an attempt to allow them to detect when one of the projects was near. We found that we were able to detect anyone with a magical device, not just the alphabet mages. We've been searching for survivors on each of the colonies since we were able to modify them.”

Terranova's eyes took on a haunted look. “When I was searching nearby my device picked up the signature's that belonged to your devices. I was too far away to tell if who they belonged to when I was shot down so you can imagine how surprised I was to see Kai after I took care of the project.”

She looked at Kai and smiled again. “You managed to take care of both Hizuni and my sister for such a long time with no support. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you.”

Kai shook his head. “We depended on each other for survival. Hizuni and Shana both managed to save my life more than once. It would be wrong of me to take credit.”

Kai turned to look back at Terranova's device which was now glowing a bit brighter and was beginning to pulse.

“Captain....what does it mean when your device begins to glow like that? Is it because of our proximity to your device?”

Terranova looked down at her device and smiled brightly as the device began to glow even brighter and stopped pulsing. “No...It means that it looks like your finally going to get off this planet and back to civilization.”

Kai was about to ask what she meant when he heard the sound of an engine above the hospital and then heard the sound of it cutting out and then heard a thud as a door opened and then quickly closed. He and Hizuni smiled brightly as they heard two voices that they hadn't heard in a long time.

“You probably bumped the thrusters on the ground again Hank, You need to be careful with the transports. We're lucky that the commander even let us take one of the newer ones to get the captain.”

“Your just mad because he ordered me to fly the thing. And besides, he'll never notice a few scratches on the thrusters because they're under the ship, not on the side of it. Stop worrying so much. Now...We just need to find the captain and get back to the ship before we run into any trouble.”

Kai heard a sigh. “At least I haven't ended up with two destroyed transports on my record...Hold on...my device is going off, they must be close.”

Hizuni laughed softly and the laugh gradually became louder as she peeked out the window and saw two people who they hadn't seen in a very long time.

“Hank! Ming!” Hizuni laughed as she jumped down from where she had been watching the two of them. She was followed by Shana and than by Kai who was watching the two of them with a rarely seen smile.

“What the-?” was the only word that Ming was about to get out when Hizuni jumped at him and ended up knocking him over. Hank's eyes widened as he saw the three of them.

Shana! Kai! You guys are alive!” Hank shouted happily as he ran towards the two of them.

Kai quickly moved over and gently removed Hizuni from Ming who got back on his feet and smiled widely.

“I can't believe this...” Hank said as he looked over the three of them. “We assumed that you died when Project Z was first activated. I guess I know why we never found your bodies.” He headed over to Kai and slapped him on the back.

Kai continued smiling as Hizuni looked over at Hank and tried to jump on his back only to have him move out of the way just as she jumped. “I guess Hizuni missed us as well.”

Kai rolled his eyes. That was a vast understatement. Hizuni had always loved sparring with other people, and when they had first landed here she had thought that some of her best friends were dead. She had wept for nearly a week.

“I can't believe it...” Ming said quietly, “You must have been stuck here for months...”

Kai nodded. “Almost a year. But we worked together and we survived. I couldn't have done it without Shana and Hizuni.”

Shana was laughing for the first time in quite awhile as Hank chatted with her and Kai smiled. He had missed the sound of her laughter and the smile on her face.

Kai looked over at Hank and Ming and motioned towards the hospital. “Captain Terranova is in there, she was shot down while tracking our devices. She managed to take care of the project that shot her down but her ship is a total loss. For a few minutes...I thought we were all going to be stuck here.”

Hank slapped Kai on the back and grinned. “Don't worry...as soon as we get Captain Terranova up and around we'll get out of here as quickly as we can.”

I can't believe it...Kai thought as the group headed for the hospital. We're finally going to get out of here!
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,